Revelation 17:1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke to me. “Come,” he said, “I will show you the condemnation and punishment of the great prostitute who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality and the earth’s inhabitants got drunk with the wine of her immorality.” 3 So he carried me away in the Spirit to a wilderness, and there I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names…
1. impious utterance or action concerning God or sacred things.
4. irreverent behavior toward anything held sacred, priceless, etc.
8 God said to Noah and his sons, 9 “Look! I now confirm my covenant with you and your descendants after you 10 and with every living creature that is with you, including the birds, the domestic animals, and every living creature of the earth with you, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature of the earth. 11 I confirm my covenant with you: Never again will all living things be wiped out by the waters of a flood; never again will a flood destroy the earth.”
12 And God said, “This is the guarantee of the covenant I am making with you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all subsequent generations: 13 I will place my rainbow in the clouds, and it will become a guarantee of the covenant between me and the earth. (Emphasis added.)
A few points:
- As a consequence of the sexual abominations mentioned in Genesis 6, the world was corrupted.
- God destroyed the entire population of Earth (except for a faithful remnant).
- God assigned the rainbow as a memorial of His unilateral covenant with mankind.
- The covenant is that He won’t judge the entire world with water again.
Want to really blaspheme God? Mock Him by perverting His sign, to celebrate rampant sexual abomination.
The White House lit up like a six-colored rainbow to celebrate the Supreme Court’s opinion endorsing sodomy.